Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins
Page Count332 Pages
About the e-Book
Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins pdf
- Build reliable and secure applications using Docker containers.
- Create a complete Continuous Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Deliver your applications directly on the Docker Swarm cluster.
- Create more complex solutions using multi-containers and database migrations.
The combination of Docker and Jenkins improves your Continuous Delivery pipeline using fewer resources. It also helps you scale up your builds, automate tasks and speed up Jenkins performance with the benefits of Docker containerization.
This book will explain the advantages of combining Jenkins and Docker to improve the continuous integration and delivery process of app development. It will start with setting up a Docker server and configuring Jenkins on it. It will then provide steps to build applications on Docker files and integrate them with Jenkins using continuous delivery processes such as continuous integration, automated acceptance testing, and configuration management.
Moving on you will learn how to ensure quick application deployment with Docker containers along with scaling Jenkins using Docker Swarm. Next, you will get to know how to deploy applications using Docker images and testing them with Jenkins.
By the end of the book, you will be enhancing the DevOps workflow by integrating the functionalities of Docker and Jenkins.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with docker fundamentals and how to dockerize an application for the Continuous Delivery process
- Configure Jenkins and scale it using Docker-based agents
- Understand the principles and the technical aspects of a successful Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Create a complete Continuous Delivery process using modern tools: Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Write acceptance tests using Cucumber and run them in the Docker ecosystem using Jenkins
- Create multi-container applications using Docker Compose
- Managing database changes inside the Continuous Delivery process and understand effective frameworks such as Cucumber and Flyweight
- Build clustering applications with Jenkins using Docker Swarm
- Publish a built Docker image to a Docker Registry and deploy cycles of Jenkins pipelines using community best practices
About the Author
Rafal Leszko is a passionate software developer, trainer, and conference speaker living in Krakow, Poland. He has spent his career writing code, designing architecture, and tech leading in a number of companies and organizations such as Google, CERN, and AGH University. Always open to new challenges, he has given talks and conducted workshops at more than a few international conferences such as Devoxx and Voxxed Day
Table of Contents
- Introducing Continuous Delivery
- Docker configuration
- Configuring Jenkins
- Continuous Integration Pipeline
- Automated Acceptance Testing
- Complete Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Advanced Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Scaling Jenkins with Docker Swarm
- Best Practices
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Expert Office 365: Notes from the Field
Mastering Android Studio 3