Getting Started with hapi.js
Page Count156 Pages
About the e-Book
Getting Started with hapi.js pdf
- With the help of this book, you will improve your productivity as a developer and that of your team by focusing on business logic utilizing the structure that Hapi.js provides
- You will be introduced to a real-world problem and we'll demonstrate how to use the tools Hapi provides to resolve it
- This is the only book with a learn-by-example approach
This book will introduce hapi.js and walk you through the creation of your first working application using the out-of-the-box features hapi.js provides. Packed with real-world problems and examples, this book introduces some of the basic concepts of hapi.js and Node.js and takes you through the typical journey you'll face when developing an application. Starting with easier concepts such as routing requests, building APIs serving JSON, using templates to build websites and applications, and connecting databases, we then move on to more complex problems such as authentication, model validation, caching, and techniques for structuring your codebase to scale gracefully. You will also develop skills to ensure your application's reliability through testing, code coverage, and logging.
By the end of this book, you'll be equipped with all the skills you need to build your first fully featured application. This book will be invaluable if you are investigating Node.js frameworks or planning on using hapi.js in your next project.
What you will learn
- Increase your productivity by taking advantage of the out-of-the-box features hapi.js provides
- Build secure API servers
- Create websites and applications using your favorite templating language
- Leverage hapi.js plugins to better structure your codebase
- Simplify your security workflows with the built-in authentication and authorization functionality of hapi.js
- Ensure application reliability with testing and code coverage
- Reduce code complexity using reusable validation logic with joi
- Gather insight into your application performance via logging
- Start the journey to building robust production-ready applications
About the Author
Later in his career, John moved to a growing SAAS company called D4H Technologies. As a lead engineer there, he developed tools to aid emergency response teams globally, all from a lighthouse in Dublin, Ireland. Here, John got more exposure to Node.js, leading D4H's first venture into Node using hapi.js, later joining the hapi.js core team
Table of Contents
- Introducing hapi.js
- Adding Functionality by Routing Requests
- Structuring Your Codebase with Plugins
- Adding Tests and the Importance of 100% Code Coverage
- Securing Applications with Authentication and Authorization
- The joi of Reusable Validation
- Making Your Application Production Ready
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
The Role of the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Starting an Online Business All-in-One For Dummies