The Scar Book
About the e-Book
The Scar Book pdf
Apply cutting-edge expertise to manage your patients’ scarring issues!
Scarring and fibrosis affect millions of people worldwide, and can be devastating both physically and psychologically, whether they result from major trauma such as burns or common conditions such as acne. Put today’s most advanced clinical approaches to work for your patients with The Scar Book: Formation, Mitigation, Rehabilitation, and Prevention! A multidisciplinary team of leading world experts presents the state of the art in scar pathophysiology and treatment, breaking down the barriers between medical disciplines to provide unprecedented holistic guidance.
- Grasp the full scope of the problem with a section on “Perspectives,” which presents insights into the history and current state of trauma rehabilitation, reconstruction, and scar management, and examines some of the ethical principles that serve to guide decision making.
- Understand scar pathophysiology with a section on “Formation” that covers the development of normotrophic, hypertrophic, and atrophic scars after cutaneous injury.
- Apply interventions that expedite wound healing and minimize scarring after injury with a section on “Mitigation.”
- Reduce the impact of existing scars,both large and small, with a comprehensive section on “Rehabilitation” that encompasses a wide range of treatment options including medical management, surgical revision, lasers and light devices, fat grafting, multimodal scar management, physical measures, scar camouflage, mental health support, and considerations in special populations such as children and patients with skin of color.
- Explore scar-related research and future advances with a section on “Prevention.”
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Minimally Invasive Techniques for Neurosurgery
Operative Techniques in Gynecologic Surgery